See http://www.wwu.edu/ee/studyabroad/index.shtml#summer at 4:00-5:00 in CH 137
An additional information/food session will be Monday, Feb. 3 at the downtown Community Food Co-op at 6:30. Fee $6-8.
Italy program includes
- 14 nights lodging
- Most meals
- 7 excursions, including 2 into the countryside (biodynamic farm, wine estate)
- Daily instruction in Italian
- Classes at the University of Florence
Grand Total: $4,500 payable in installments
Please note the following:
- EESP helps direct people to financial aid — over half the students have financial aid who enroll in the program.
- Excursions are not given in great detail, but they include in Tuscany: Chianti country, castle winery (with tasting and meal in the courtyard), hands-on ceramics/pottery classes, cooking classes, biological farm. An optional Switzerland excursion also is available (cost, additional).
- The weekend in between the two weeks of instruction and excursions is free, but sometimes we go as a group to Assisi, Perugia (this is another region — Umbria), or in Cinque Terra (region: Liguria) along the Italian riviera.
- Also included in the price are two optional field trips in Whatcom County and on Lopez Island, once we return.
- Additional credits are available (you can talk to me about this).
Some of the best feedback can be found here: VISIT GINA'S BLOG, THE COURSE DAY-BY-DAY: http://good4ugastronomy.blogspot.com/ and also: https://www.facebook.com/groups/629347747092601/